1. George & Charles (his friend)
2. George Birthday 25th of July
3. Our new Home
4. President O in our Living Room
5. Senior couples going golfing P-Day
6. Sister O and the Big turtle
7. The rose and cards I received for my B-Day
8. Sister O on the zip line (cute no)
9. All of us getting ready to go to the Zip lines
August, 1, 2010
Dear Family Friends & Loved Ones,
Well we are slow in writing again. It seems I have such a hard time finding time to do some things. Well this week is transfer week and we are so glad that we were able to retain our 2 Elders. This will help me in the reorganization of our branch that needs it so bad so that we can move forward the way that we want. Well we are comfortable in our new flat and we really like (love) it compared to our last place at Settler Sands. This is fully carpeted, 3 bedrooms, 21/2 bath, garage, large living room & dining area and a large kitchen with a eating nook and the area is so beautiful and green with beautiful landscaping. We will take some videos of it shortly.
On Sunday for church, one of the speakers couldn't be there, so my counselor in charge asked Sister O to speak in her place and the topic was "Follow the Prophet" She really did a fantastic job as her talk was perfect and so good. Her talk was for 15 min which was perfect to fill our the program. Sister O has been such a spiritual blessing to everyone here in SA and to me as well. Not only a spiritual blessing but they all love her as a dear friend and she relates so well to everyone. She gets calls & e-mails all the time from people telling her of their love for her and how much they miss her. Even some of the youth from George. All the missionaries want to be where Sister O is because she takes such good and loving care of them all. They don't get this in other areas.
For our P-Day on Monday Sister O and I went for a ride to see what "Southwell" was as there are so many turn offs that say Southwell. Well there really wasn't anything there except for scattered farms & ranch houses and some game farms but it was a beautiful green drive. We ended up by Grahamstown and then back home. It was fun and Sister O loves to take drives and I love to be with her.
A few weeks ago Sister Hynch of the Relief Society & I talked about FHE in Church. We talked about the importance of having FHE and how important it is for families. So we have been going to some members homes with the Elders having FHE. We have enjoyed this and I think the families do as well. On some of the FHE visits I have been teaching about Eternal Marriage and trying to establish this as a goal for our member families. One of my counselor works out of town during the week, but my 2nd counselor and I are trying to visit all our members to give encouragement and to give some spiritual strength. Sister 0 and I have also been visiting with many of our members where we think it is needed. Sister O is such a strength in this area. I can really see a change in some of our members. Many people just need to feel our love for them an to know that they are loved. I have had some great blessings in my calling to give some PH blessings to a number of people and it is so wonderful to see some of the changes in their lives.
A few days ago we received a very special and long e-mail from Troy (my son) he related a beautiful story of when he was on his mission about a lady and the repentance and forgiveness she experienced in her life. It was a beautiful story and one that we all need to incorporate into our own lives. I know in our family we really need this principle in our lives as there is a lot of retained and bad feelings with some of our children. I want each of you to know how much I love each of you and it seems to grow daily. I want each of you to know that your are probably the most important thing in my life. Second only to your mother & my sweet loving companion Linda, who I have been so blessed to have in my life and the meaning she has given me. Also the gospel is probably the most important thing we have in our lives as it helps us to appreciate our love for each other and we can be together as one for all eternity.
I do know that their mother would want, above all else for us to be forgiving one to each other and to love each other as they do their own mother. Families are what really matter most. Sister O and I have such beautiful and loving families. We love you all so much! Sister O loves my children like her own and I appreciate that so much and I love her children like my own as they have all shown me love and respect with open arms & heart. We feel that between our families we have been blessed with the BEST. We love you all so much. I would ask each of you to read 3 Nephi 13: 14,15 D&C 98: 40 Luke 6:37 and especially D&C 64: 9-11. I know sometime the only stumbling blocks we have is pride. We have seen this is SA. We have seen this overcome here and the changes it has made in peoples lives.
Well we have really been busy, we keep hoping it will slow down some, I guess we really find more joy and happiness when we are busy serving.
President Probst will be here on August 8th There are a number of sustaining that he needs to do so that we can complete our branch organization. We have 3 brother Tlathi, Tunye & Siambwezele to be called as stake missionaries; Brother Siambwezele to be Elders President and Branch mission leader. We have some great people here but our membership is small so we have to double up on a lot of callings. Last Sunday we sustained and set apart Sister Ruth Cockbain as our new RS President. She will be a wonderful blessing. I prayed a lot about this and her name was revealed to me over & over. I am really excited how our branch is progressing. I have a lot of goals I want to try and accomplish while we are here. I want our branch to be well organized, self sustained leadership, FHE, Home Teaching & Visiting Teaching to be well organized and working good the way it should. It hasn't been happening but we are getting organized toward that goal. We are trying to work hard on re-activation and to spiritually strengthen the testimonies of our members. We seem to be gaining and progressing. I know it is a lot of work and worry but I feel confident it will happen with the Lords help and good leadership and this I feel is happening.
On Saturday afternoon our Africa son came and spent a few nights with us. He came from the Tsitsikamma area, It was his birthday on Sunday July 25th & Sister O was July 28. He brought her a beautiful wooden bowl for her birthday. His partner came on Sunday and we had a nice braai and Birthday party for him with the Elders. He is such a great young man and wants to go on a mission so bad. I'm sure with the Lords help it will happen and he will get to go and serve the Lord. He will make such a GREAT missionary.
On Monday P-Day (Sept. 26th) I took Sister O and 2 Elders over by Grahanstown area where we rode 6 zip lines. We had a great time and I got some good movies of Sister O and the Elders. It was GREAT!
I have been working hard on finding a new meeting place (building) for our Branch. I think we have found a great place that was meant for us. We will know by next week as I have people coming from the church office in Cape Town to finalize and Ok everything. It is only 2 blocks from where we are now, it will need a lot of remodeling and should meet our needs perfectly. Things seem to be falling in to place.
Well today is my sweethearts birthday, 69 wonderful years and the last 31/2 years of our being together has been such a wonderful part of our lives. We love each other and we love our families. We love our Father in Heave and our Savior. What more do you need. We are going to Grahamstown this afternoon to have a birthday dinner with 2 other senior couples. We always enjoy our time with other couples.
Well I had better close as Sister O thinks the letter is getting to long as she has to type it and get it sent out. But we want you to know we miss and Love all of you so much. We do love hearing from you and finding out what is going on at home. So keep the e-mail and letters coming. Keep up the good work that you all are doing. To our Teenage grandchildren please keep us informed on what is going on with you and the fun and exciting things you are doing in school & with friends. We love to hear from you.
Love to all from
President & Sister O'dell
Mom & Dad (Linda & Woody)
Grandma & Grandpa Woody
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment