Are you there? I have heard about the email you sent, but I haven't gotten it myself. Owen keeps saying he will forward it to me, but I haven't read it myself. Kim and Pam have told me about it. I hope you are doing good. About 2 weeks ago, Leo cried for about 10 mins, throwing a temper tantrum that he wanted to go see grandma and that we needed to go to Mytah (he calls Utah, "Mytah" thinking it's You-Tah and changes it to My-Tah--I don't know why--can't decide if it's really smart or not). He begged, cried, and then fell asleep with tears streaming down his face. I couldn't explain to him how far away you were and that we couldn't drive over to see you.
Anyway, and today, Kennedy was telling her friend that she was going to Africa to see Grandma so that she could deliver a very important package (we've been making lots of projects and putting them in a care package for you) but that she couldn't go until she was 6 and that was only in 2 years (I think she thinks that is a very short time). When asked why her grandma was in Africa, she said that there are people who don't know Jesus so Grandma is there showing them pictures of Jesus. Isn't that sweet?
So obviously we all miss you very much. I know you are doing good, and I know that all of us are very blessed by your service. So much so that your son has requested that I somehow track down your roast recipe (all I can recall is cross rib roast, seared, and cooked on low temperatures all day. I have no idea to ingredients...) for Father's Day dinner. Of course, it wasn't until tonight when I cornered him to see what he wanted for dinner so that I could buy the food tomorrow. So if you get this in time, and you have time to jot down the recipe, that would be great. I understand if it's too late. I'm going to call Kristi to see if she can help me.
I love you very much, and you are in my prayers constantly.
Love,
Jeannie
No comments:
Post a Comment