Sunday, June 28, 2009

RE: Pictures

Linda & Woody,
I love these pictures! They are so great! Leo was just asking me tonight about when the next time he can see Papa Woody so he can be tickled on his belly with his head (he must really like that). I thought that was really sweet. When he was sitting on my lap and saw your picture at the map, he said he wanted to "go there RIGHT now!" It's so difficult to explain to a 2-year old the logistics or to even think that I can reason with him at all...

I'm so curious if the family you first met in George really is that big of a family! Wow!

Anyway, it's late and we just got back from Snowflake, visiting Kristi. It was a fast-paced weekend (2 days and 1 night), and travel with 2 young kids and being pregnant is not fun. You'd think 3 hours is not very long, but it felt like forever, trying to keep them entertained while trying not to feel sick. But it was still good to see Kristi and her family. Kennedy and Leo played well with her kids; Kennedy was a totally different child than a year ago when we were up there last--she absolutely loved being around Jenna, Kimmie & Tara who took her for a horse ride. I was glad for the cooler weather, too!

I'll have to write more later tomorrow. As far as the blog idea, tell me your gmail user name and password and I'll set you up. Please know that when we write, we mean for the message to go to you AND to Woody. You are so lucky to have a man willing to serve so far away and be away from family for so long. I thought it was so beautiful when he put it into such basic words of his gratitude to God for such a good life and that he felt he needed to serve so far away so that he wouldn't be distracted and do a totally good job of serving Him. I think that is an amazing example of gratitude, and I think you are so lucky to have found him and to have this experience with him. It's rare to find such sensitivity in a man, too, so I really think highly of Woody. We love you Woody, and we don't want you to think we have forgotten about you or that we don't love you either! We know that Linda probably wouldn't be in South Africa serving a mission if it weren't for you!

XOXO,
Jeannie & family

No comments:

Post a Comment